When it comes to your garage door, regular maintenance and repairs are essential. An unreliable or malfunctioning garage door can be inconvenient, cause an unsafe environment for you and your family, and even increase your utility bills by decreasing energy efficiency. But how do you know when it’s time to call a professional garage door repair contractor in Mechanicsville? Here are the top five signs that your garage door needs repair:
- Strange noises. If you hear grinding, squeaking, or other strange noises coming from the moving parts of your garage door, it’s likely a sign of wear and tear and a need for repair. Don’t wait until it gets worse!
- Uneven movement. If your garage door moves unevenly or jerks along its tracks as it opens, that indicates an imbalance in the springs or other components. Call a professional to check and possibly repair or replace those parts.
- Difficulty opening or closing. If you’re having difficulty manually opening or closing the garage door, that’s a sign that the components need to be lubricated or adjusted.
- Delayed response time. If your garage door opener is responding slowly when you press the remote button, it could be because of interference from other electronic devices in the area or because of worn out electrical connections inside the motor unit.
- Visible damage or wear. If you notice any bent, broken, or cracked parts of your garage door system, it’s time for a repair. This can include any physical damage to the door itself as well as visible signs of rust on the moving components such as hinges and tracks.
If you experience any of these signs, don’t wait until it’s too late. Call a professional garage door repair service to avoid further damage and keep your family safe. With regular maintenance and repairs, your garage door will operate reliably for years to come!