Today, the majority of human waste is sent into sewage systems. However, there are still some homes that use septic tanks because it can save you money in sewage costs. If your home uses a septic tank instead of city sewage, you also need to make sure that it is regularly maintained. Here are five reasons why you should maintain your septic tank:
- Reduce the Risk of Damage – Septic tanks need regular maintenance and cleaning so that they do not overflow and cause damage to your yard and home.
- Prevent Wastewater Line Clogs – Your wastewater line is what carries all of the sewage from your home to your tank and if the septic system is not maintained, grease or food can clog it.
- Prevent Smells – Sewage smells are prevalent in homes that do not maintain their septic systems properly because the sewage will get backed up and start to decompose if it is not pumped out regularly.
- Reduce the Risk of Drainfield Failure – The drain field is where all of the water from your septic tank gets pumped into before it goes down into the soil. If it fails, your yard will be flooded with sewage water which can cause serious health risks for children or pets that are playing in the yard.
- Avoid Landscape and Grass Damage – There is a specific solution that you need to apply to your grass when there is a septic overflow in order to maintain the health of your grass and prevent it from dying.
Wondering You Can Find the Best Septic Tank maintenance services in Knoxville, TN?
J&J Septic has the best septic tank and grease trap services in Knoxville, TN. They service both commercial and residential properties. Their technicians are fully trained to handle any maintenance or installation project you need assistance with. Visit their official website Jjsepticpros.com for more information.